The Second Look Book Club
Join us every first Monday as we read books that were best-sellers when first released. These books were so good, they are worth a second look.
1st Monday | 2nd Floor | 6PM
- February: The God of Small Things - Arundhati Roy
- March: The Dew Breaker - Edwidge Danticat
- April: Submission - Michel Houellbecq
- May: Train Dreams - Denis Johnson
- June: White Teeth - Zadie Smith
- July: This is How You Lose Her - Junot Diaz
- August: Norwegian Wood - Haruki Murakami
Great Books focuses on short readings by historians and philosophers of Western civilization. Copies of the stories are provided to members.
2nd Monday | 2nd Floor | 6PM
- February: The Politics of Recognition - Charles Taylor
- March: A Simple Heart - Gustav Flaubert
- April: Self-Made Man - Frederick Douglass
- May: Menexenus - Plato
- June: What is it Like to Be a Bat? - Thomas Nagel
- July: What Pragmatism Means; The Will to Believe - William James
- August: Treatise On Law - Thomas Aquinas
The club reads short story selections by well-known authors. Copies of the stories are provided to members.
3rd Monday | 2nd Floor | 6PM
- March: Which New Era Would That Be? - Nadine Gordimer
- April: You, Disappearing - Alexandra Kleeman
- May: To Room Nineteen - Doris Lessing
- June: Passion - Alice Munro
- July: Last Evenings On Earth - Roberto Bolano
- August: Orange World - Karen Russell
This group is for reading, sharing, and discussing novels written by female authors across all genres.
4th Monday | 2nd Floor | 6PM
- April: Lisa See
- May: Alice Walker
- June: Flanner O'Connor
- July: S.E. Hinton
- August: Eudora Welty
- September: Amy Tan
Our Traveling Tea club is a free, monthly tea subscription box with tea, books, snacks, and information on the location/theme of the month. Instructions for pickup will be emailed to you after you register.
Sign Up: bit.ly/TPLTeaClub
Informal group discussion offers the participants the opportunity to discuss their favorite books, genres, and teas from the current or previous month's subscription!
1st Thursday | 2nd Floor | 5:30PM
Two Books: One Story
Youth aged 10-15 and their grownups are invited to join us for engaging book discussions the second Thursday of the month at 5PM. Stop by the Youth Reference Desk to pick up a copy of our next read.
2nd Thursday | 1st Floor | 5PM
All meetings are open to anyone who would like to come and discuss the current selection. The Library may not be able to supply copies for all attendees, but please use the contact information listed above to find out more information about obtaining a copy.