Staff Spotlight: Shawna
- Easy one... what's your name?
- Where do you work in the Library and what's your position?
I work in the outreach division as the assistant. I deliver to locations and homebound patrons.
- How long have you worked at the Library?
3 awesome years
- What do you like best about your job?
I enjoy getting to know patrons and anytime there is a craft to do.
- What is the proudest moment in your life?
The first time I traveled to another state to go to a concert, it was an adventure, a great night, and a significant experience with wonderful people.
- What is the most important thing you have learned in the last five years?
Patience and having faith in the process is everything.
- Three words to best describe you:
Sincere, observant, artistic
- If you could witness any historical event, what would you want to see?
I would want to witness the first trip to the moon.
- Favorite book quote?
"Little by little, and also in great leaps, life happened to me." - Pablo Neruda
- What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
Fresh oysters? I still don't know if I liked it or not.
- What is your favorite thing to do in Temple?
My favorite thing to do in Temple is to get coffee or tea and spend time with friends...taking photos while doing it!
- You’re happiest when?
I'm happiest when my art gives me a purpose.