This Seed Library is made possible through funding from the Friends of the Temple Public Library.
Seed Library FAQ
Do I need a library card to take seeds from the Seed Library?
No, but you should have one anyway because they are great,
and you can check out gardening books!
Do I have to check out seeds at the circulation desk or tell any library staff member what seeds I am taking?
No, simply choose what you would like to grow and take it with you.
Do I have to return any seeds to the library?
No, any seed you take is yours to keep. You do not have to save seed and return it to the library, but if you are interested in seed sharing or seed swaps, please let us know.
Is there a limit to how many packets I can take?
No, however, please be considerate of other patrons, and do not take more seed than you absolutely need.
Will library staff pull and hold seeds for me?
How do I know what to grow?
All seeds selected for the seed library should do well in Bell County and surrounding areas. Consider space, light, and water requirements when choosing your seeds.
The Seed Library does not have a seed I want to grow. Can I request or suggest varieties?
Yes, we cannot guarantee we will be able to fill your request, but it does help us know what we need to add to meet demand.
Additional ResourcesTexas A&M AgriLife Extension
- Vegetable Resources Guide
- Grow It, Buy It, Store It: Vegetable Resources
- Spring Planting Guide for Vegetables
- Vegetable Garden Planting Guide for Bell County
Our Seed ProvidersThank you to those agencies that make our seed library possible through their generous donations.
- First and foremost, thank you to the Friends of the Temple Public Library for providing funds to get the Seed Library off-the-ground! Be sure to support them by joining the Friends or buy some books or movies at their regular book sales.
- True Leaf Market: Thank you for your generous seed donation!
- Seed Savers Exchange: Thank you for your generous seed donations!
- Pippa Hill Farms: Pippa Hill Farms is a local farm and Library programmer - Thank you for your generous seed donations!
- Baker Creek: Thank you for your generous seed donations!
- Southern Exposure Seed Exchange: Thank you for your generous seed donations!
Vegetables & Fruits
- English Peas
- Mustard Greens
- New Zealand Spinach
- Snap Peas
- Swiss Chard
- Bee Balm
- Morning Glories
Coming Soon . . .
- Snap Peas